Saturday 18 October 2008

La Voz de Miróbriga

The Voice of Miróbriga is the local paper. Very local. At 1.20€ for just four sheets of paper or 16 fun packed pages I had to hope I was buying quality rather than quantity.

The headline was about 24 unemployed people, most of them women, successfully completing a training course as brickies, painters and gardeners. There was also a big story about four people being taken on by a business run for and by people with physical and learning disabilities. Otherwise the front page is just tag lines for stories inside the paper. Possibly the most intriguing article informed me that Ciudad Rodrigo "appears" on the Arc de Triomphe in Paris and that the town's name is on one of the pillars in St Paul's in London.

It's not exactly incisive journalism or even an exciting read. Mind you, I suspect I'll be there in the queue next Friday to buy another copy.

No comments: