Tuesday 30 September 2008

Feeling just a tad lost

Maggie and I went to see a film last night called Blind Sunflowers (Los Girasoles Ciegos). I understood enough of the Spanish dialogue to know it was tedious.

We met one of Maggie's work colleagues at the cinema and we walked her home - I was glad that Maggie did the talking as I fluffed most of my lines, short as they were.

When we got home there was a Woody Allen film on the telly. Woody was hesitating and repeating as he should but, dubbed into Spanish, it wasn't quite the same.

The cats are hiding under the bed still; disoriented.

I have spent several hours talking to my new employers about the various classes I will be teaching. The number of teaching hours keep increasing and things are looking good but the wealth of detail has been a little overpowering.

Stranger in a strange land syndrome.

No comments: